Saturday, April 6, 2019

2019 Gypsy Wife - Section 3 Colour Wheel


Before beginning each block, I strongly suggest you read through the entire directions and look at the pictures to be sure you understand each step and to ensure that you cut correctly.

As always, remember your accuracy in cutting…
keeping the measuring line of your ruler ON the fabric.  
Using the same ruler will be helpful for consistency.  Measurements can be different from ruler to ruler; brand to brand.

******************************

Like many members who joined the group in January and couldn't wait until the Feb 2 launch, I started with this block as a test block.   The big hurdle was choosing colors!   With my 100 fat quarter selection to choose from, it was difficult to start and I changed my mind a million times before finally deciding.










This was the test block because... well, it was the first block in the directions on page 5.   I carefully cut the pieces and laid them out to be sure I was happy with my selection.



I began by chain feeding the quarter square triangles through the machine and gently pressing them open.


I then paired them with the triangles and chain fed them through.

  

Next I pieced the corner HST units of the block.


Assembling the block as I would a simple 9-patch.  I folded the 3 center units over onto the left units and chain stitched.   I repeated with the 3 right units  folded over onto the center units.

To complete the block I folded the top row down over the center row to stitch.  Repeat by folding the top 2 rows down over the third and stitch.



This was an easy starter block to complete.  


But after I got it done, I wasn't so happy with the background fabric. I was sure it was too busy.   So I made another block and I am much happier.



You can leave comments and questions below.   I will reply to your comments ASAP.

Thanks for following along.   
Click on "newer post" to see the next block.

No comments:

Post a Comment