Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Easy Street Update

I am getting closer to a finish...

I ran just 36 bricks short of the light color fabric.  
I searched local LQS, but no more was available.
I posted at missingfabrics.com and although I received one answer, it was the correct print on the fabric, just the wrong colorway.  But I did order several yards with the idea of using it for the final borders.

As it turns out, I somehow made too many 4-patches.  So I spent last night frogging them and the pressing and sewing the light squares into bricks.  I had enough to make the needed parts for the last 5 blocks.

With all the piecing going on in this quilt, I don't think these pieced parts will stand out too much!

Here are the last 5 blocks stacked and laid out and ready to sew.  I plan to work on these in spare minutes during the week.  

I have recently designated Sunday afternoons as my ME-SEWING time, so the plan is to get this top together on Sunday.

After that, I have to decide what to do for the borders.  I have browsed through the Quiltville album of completed tops and I am leaning towards either the checkerboard border (I can't locate the maker or blog for that one) or the hst border by Cathy in TN.
Cathy in TN Easy Street Border Detail

 There is a lot more work involved in making all those hsts, but using the Easy Angle Ruler will make it easier.