Wednesday, July 3, 2013
June was a slow customer month with only 3 quilts completed. Toward month end a large custom quilt came in and I began working on that after vacation. It is a 20 block sampler and she wants each block quilted differently...my challenge for this summer!
We took a week-long vacation and I brought along my sewing to work on while hubby was off fishing. The cabin porch overlooked the lake and it was a very peaceful and relaxing way to sew.
Matthew's Puppies quilt is now assembled and waiting it's turn to be quilted. Easy Street is now a flimsy also!
I moved Orca Bay a bit further along by doing some cutting for step 5, but forgot to bring parts with me on vacation so sewing had to wait.
Disappearing 4-Patch blocks are now completed. Now I have to decide how to assemble them into a quilt... with or without sashing?!?
Because I forgot to bring my OB parts on vacation, I ran out of sewing to do. YIKES! So a trip into town looking for a fabric store (none existed) but I did find some nice fabrics in WalMart ... a floral and two coordinating solids. I planned to make pinwheels with the solids and alternate with a square of the floral. A new quilt is born, Florals&Pinwheels. But, once a few pinwheels were made and laid out next to the floral, I realized their bold color was too overwhelming for the floral square. The new plan is to get some WOW and mix with the pale green I bought for a backing to make 9patches using the coordinating solids for the center square. I think that will tone it down and play together better. The new name is now Florals&9patches! (I'm so clever when it comes to names! LOL!!!) to see pictures of the above projects go back to this post from a few days ago: http://madakamom.blogspot.com/2013/06/lakeside-get-away.html
My handwork this month was mostly tracing to flowers for my spring wall hanging. I did finish up knitting one more dishcloth. A lot of my "free" time was spent helping care for the grandsons and helping my daughter move the rest of her stuff into her new home.
WORK COMPLETED INJUNE
.....03.....customer tops quilted (YTD 36)
.....01.....customer quilts bound (YTD 10)
.....02.....flimsy completed waiting for quilting(Easy Street, Matthew's Puppies)
.....00.....quilted flimsy (YTD 9 )
.....04.....hand-work hours (66 YTD )
MY PROJECTS COMPLETED THIS YEAR:
Lucky Charms wall hanging (1/21/13)
Basket Sampler Welcome wall hanging (2/15/13)
Knitted afghan (3/20/13)
Scrap Mania quilt (3/19/13)
Orange/Blue Jelly Roll quilt (3/18/13)
Hope Academy Banner (3/27/13)
Jaxson's quilt (3/22/13)
Baltimore Album (4/5/13)
Civil War Snowball (4/5/13)
Big Brother Quilt (5/7/13)
Projects Waiting to be Quilted
Sloanie Christmas Star Swap
Projects in Progress
Spring Wall Hanging....backing prepared. preparing flowers for applique
Disappearing 4 patch...blocks are completed, ready for assembly
Sweet & Sassy.....9 blocks completed, sashed and quilt corner assembled
Becky's Barn basket wall hanging...4 blocks completed, assembly to be decided
Novelty Quilt... blocks cut, need assembly
Happiness Key...background complete, needs applique/embroidery
Floral & Pinwheels.... made 4 pinwheels then renamed.... Florals&9patch
Bonnie Projects in Progress
.....01.....cheddar bowties blocks hand-pieced (YTD 1 of 81) ... (81 of 162 in 2012)
.....00.....cheddar bowtie rows stitched (YTD 0 .... 9 of 18 in 2012)
...done....Orca Bay Step 1 hourglass blocks made (YTD 49 plus 21 in 2012) total 70 of 112
....done...Orca Bay Step 2 3.5in string blocks made (completed in 2012 )
....done...Orca Bay Step 3 2in HSTs (YTD 55 plus120 in 2012) total 175
.....done..Orca Bay Step 4 5.5in string blocks (YTD 08 plus 24 of 32 in 2012) total 32
.....00.....Orca Bay Step 5 cut 350 triangles and stitch to part 3 (0 of 175)
.....00.....Orca Bay Step 6 cut 2.5in squares and assemble Ohio Stars (0)
.....00.....Orca Bay Step 7 make flying geese (0)
..done.....Floribunda Blocks assembled into flimsy and ready to quilt!
..............Talkin Turkey..... 2 blocks complete plus parts
..............Midnight Flight....1 block complete plus parts
..............Winston Ways... 2 blocks complete plus parts
..done....Easy Street is now assembled into flimsy and ready to quilt