Although I've taken pictures with my camera, I forgot the cord to connect and download to the computer, so for now, these pictures are emailed and downloaded from my phone..a bit blurry, but good enough.
I set up my little 221 featherweight in the corner behind the kitchen table and had a blast sewing away on UFOs that I never could find time to complete at home.
The most important project of the week was to embroider a face on Bunny. I had made this bunny as an Easter present for my oldest grandson from one of his receiving blankets when he was 2. He was always carrying his blanket around and tripping over it. So, rather than have him looking like a bruised up Linus, I decided a stuffed toy would be easier to carry. Now that he is 5, he has been asking me to give Bunny a face.
He was thrilled to arrive at the cabin for a visit to find Bunny with a face laying on his sleeping bag.
I also made both boys a pair of Lightning McQueen pajama pants. I have more fabric to make a matching top, but that will have to wait. They have gone home and I have no T-shirts of theirs to use as a pattern.
First quilt done was Cracker Barrel... a UFO from 2007. I had been working on these blocks as a leader/ender since January. The rail fences were made and all the white triangles sewn on. Several hours of happily chain-piecing while also watching the World Cup games and the blue triangles were sewn on too. The blocks and rows were quickly assembled, borders on and call it done (except for the quilting!)
Next up was my Quiltmakers Block Party swap blocks from 2012. I had gone to Williamsburg, took Bonnies three classes and participated in the swap and haven't touched any of it since returning home.
I had made and received 12 blocks, but some of them just didn't seem to fit the designated color-way and I just couldn't include those odd-balls in this quilt. I raided my stash and found the pink for sashing.
Next was to sew together another pink charm-square quilt. These are my most popular item I have made and sold for the last 5 years...and I need a few for the upcoming shows in the fall. I collect various pale pinks, cut 5inch charms, a white inner border and then find a final outer border. It's an easy quilt to piece together in just a couple hours.
This next project is a BOM designed by Pat Sloan. I made the first block back in January when the sew-along began... and then just never found time to make each additional monthly block. I am really happy to be able to get caught up with these. The first block is a 24in center and other blocks are 10in and will surround the center block. I am all caught up now and ready for the new block in July.
This next quilt I made from some blocks I had in my stash. I had made these blocks several years ago, but not really liking them, I put them aside. I decided now was the time to do something with them. I am sure I had more of this fabric to finish the quilt, but it has disappeared over time. While I don't love this it is done, and maybe someone will have a little baby boy that can love it.
There are more pictures and projects to show... but I'll save that for another post.