Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Michael T's Quilt

Way back in February 2011, while I was in the middle of making RRCB for Kim's wedding gift, I "met" my cousin/Godson on facebook. During our conversations he mentioned that he would love to have a quilt made by me and told me his color preference. I found and downloaded a pattern off the web and the next time I was in the LQS I found these fabrics and set them aside thinking if the stars aligned just so I might be able to complete it for his birthday in June.

Well, the stars were not in my favor... too much going on with immediate famiy. I didn't even finish Kim's quilt until months after the wedding. I did pull out the fabrics to cut and sew whenever I had a spare minute. Here is a pictorial diary of how I put his quilt together.

sewing the light and dark strips into blocks

layer, mark, pin, sew and cut the blocks

press open blocks and stitch them together.

I finished the quilting and bind last week and added the label during Pat's UFO weekend challenge.

Now I'm off to the Post Office.


  1. Love how the quilt turned out. It seems like it could be a leaders and enders project, at least until the blocks are made. LOL
    Great finish.

  2. I like this quilt...for sure I want to use that technique as I like the twist effect!!

  3. Very pretty. Great visual impact of the blocks all together.