Friday, May 31, 2019

2019 Gypsy Wife Quilt Along - Section 6 (left) Square in a Square blocks)



We have made these SqNsq blocks several times before.  I didn't take pictues as I made each one for this section so I am recycling older pictures for the demo.

In this Section 6 (left) we need five 3in blocks.

Cut the center squares and 4 corner squares. 



Draw a diagonal line... and sew opposite corners onto the center square.  


My stitch line is beside drawn line so that when you flip it up the corners will meet.  

I used my Buddy Ruler to draw a second line 1/4in from the first.  If you stitch beside this line and cut between the lines, you will have two Bonus HSTs to add to the back or use in another project.






Add the two opposite corner in the same manner.


Here is a picture of my completed blocks for this section.


Now it is time to assemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment