Friday, March 1, 2019

2019 Gypsy Wife Section 2 - Introduction



Section 2 has a total of 6 blocks

Make two (2)......Square-in-a-square... page 22.... 3in finished 
Square-in-square with border.... Page 22&23.... 6in finished
Courthouse Steps with 2 borders..... Page 20.... 7in finished
Pershing....pages 6/7 .....9in finished
Old Maid PUzzle.... Page 17 ....8in finished



Sizes posted here are FINISHED sizes... this means the measurement of the block once it is incorporated into the quilt.  

Add 1/2 inch to the finished size to determine the unfinished size of each block as you make it.  If your blocks don't measure correctly, the usual culprits are inaccurate cutting or the size of your 1/4inch seam allowance.  It is recommended that you sew a scant 1/4inch seam. 

To protect the copyright of the designer, no measurements will be given.  YOU MUST PURCHASE YOUR OWN COPY OF THE PATTERN.  

My tutorials for each block will go live, here, tomorrow beginning at 8am CST.

Links to individual block tutorials will also be posted on the Facebook page  2019 Gypsy Wife Quilt-Along  after they go live here.  You can locate the downloadable, printable PDF files under the Files tab.

As we go through this adventure together and questions come up on the Facebook page, Admins are using the #tips  #(name of block) for additional hints. I have incorporated these hints on my blog pages too! (sometimes by updating my page)!   There are also #Tech tips available for those working on i-devices.

I would love to see you like and follow my page, thank you!


To advance through my tutorials here you just click on "newer post". 

We begin tomorrow morning at 8am CST.



Roll on Gypsies!  Enjoy the journey!

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog and it's on my sidebar at my blog. Makes it easy to follow progress and instruction on GW quilt. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete