Friday, February 22, 2019

Fabric Acquisition Road Trip F.A.R.T.

Today was a great day to F.A.R.T. !   The morning started out with some drippy rain, but cleared up to just gray skies for the 2hr ride to Whittles Fabrics in KY.  I could have stayed home and treadled, but I needed more and new fabric to finish  Fr. James' quilt and begin on Fr. Chris' quilt.   I just didn't have what I needed in my stash.

On the way we came upon a car fire at a gas station.  We could see the flames and black smoke as we came up the hill.   The firefighters and trucks were already there and hit it with foam or water for about 5 min to knock it out.   We sat and watched as a big white cloud billowed up.







There was no ambulance so we assume no one was injured.  Nothing but a shell of the car remained as we drove by when they opened the road again.

A little farther down the road we came across a van parked diagonally across my lane facing me and a group of people standing around... adults and kids.    Apparently he stopped when he saw a family van go off the road and down into the ditch.  I guessed they climbed up the hill and it apparently no one was hurt; they were waiting for emergency vehicles to arrive.

We finally arrive at the quilt shop and I got straight to work!   I picked up this nice olive border print and a flannel to finish Fr. James quilt.  



Fr. Chris chose the Cactus Patch pattern by Bonnie Hunter and wanted bright colors.... I think I've got that covered with these.....





I also picked up a few more FQs to add to my Gypsy Wife quilt before we headed over to Bowling Green for lunch.

We went to Chuy's... a mexican place...  
I stuck with a simple chicken and rice with a queso sauce... on the side in case it was too hot... which thankfully, it wasn't.



Barbara had a taco/chalupa and rellenta with refried beans and rice.    She had plenty of extra for dinner to night and/or lunch tomorrow! 

The rains came ... again... on the drive home.   I missed a turn and we took a rather round-about way home, but we made it!   It was a fun day and I hope that we can do it again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment