Wednesday, March 23, 2016

2016-03 part 4

Back in January I signed up for a postage stamp swap.  Cut a set of 25 different fabrics into 1.5in squares and mail it off to the swap hostess. You could make as many sets as you wanted.  

I was currently working on a quilt using pinks, purples, and aquas.  I dug through my scraps and easily cut up 12 sets so that I would have more than 1 block to play with.  I emailed the hostess for mailing details.  It was then that I found out a set is actually 25 pkgs of 25 fabrics!  Yikes! I needed 13 more! I dug deeper into my scraps and managed to get a full set.  
Well, Friday, a squishy arrived in the mail full of the 25 return packages of squares.  I could hardly wait to dig in!   I found time to sew eight of these little blocks together.  I absolutely love them!    They finish at just 5inches each so I will need a whole lot more to make some as yet undetermined project.  I can hardly wait until the next swap in the fall.  I will be cutting up a lot more scraps between now and the to add to this collection of little blocks.

1 comment: