Tuesday, March 15, 2016

2016-03 part 2

My treadle is now repaired.... Ted came by to service it.  Turns out that because I have been sewing with the bobbin cover loose... I did not know how to lock it in place... the bobbin case and other inner parts have been moving around a bit. With all the sewing I've been doing on it, the innards moved around enough that correct stitching was impossible.  Ted fiddled with it, cleaned out some lint that I missed and put all parts in their proper place.  He showed me how to lock on the bobbin cover and now she sews better than ever! 

I spent my birthday finishing up a customer quilt, but mostly sewing away on the Trip Around the World wedding quilt for my niece.  I am now 3/4 done and very happy with the color pallet.  

I laid the quarters out on the floor twisting and turning to find the most pleasing layout.  I quickly discovered that the white print I had planned on being the center of the quilt.. isn't going to happen.  I apparently stitched the rows together in the wrong order.  I can have a pink center  (above) or a black center (below).
If I do put the the white print in the center, I get a totally different look! Definitely NOT a trip around the world... more like "X" marks the spot!  It actually isn't a bad option as I want to put a red block with their names embroidered in the middle.  Once I get the remaining quarter and connecting strips made I'll lay it all out again and ask her which option she prefers.

No comments:

Post a Comment