I am getting closer to a finish...
I ran just 36 bricks short of the light color fabric.
I searched local LQS, but no more was available.
I posted at missingfabrics.com and although I received one answer, it was the correct print on the fabric, just the wrong colorway. But I did order several yards with the idea of using it for the final borders.
As it turns out, I somehow made too many 4-patches. So I spent last night frogging them and the pressing and sewing the light squares into bricks. I had enough to make the needed parts for the last 5 blocks.
With all the piecing going on in this quilt, I don't think these pieced parts will stand out too much!
Here are the last 5 blocks stacked and laid out and ready to sew. I plan to work on these in spare minutes during the week.
I have recently designated Sunday afternoons as my ME-SEWING time, so the plan is to get this top together on Sunday.
After that, I have to decide what to do for the borders. I have browsed through the Quiltville album of completed tops and I am leaning towards either the checkerboard border (I can't locate the maker or blog for that one) or the hst border by Cathy in TN.
There is a lot more work involved in making all those hsts, but using the Easy Angle Ruler will make it easier.