Sunday, January 1, 2012


The decorations were finally put on the tree December 23rd. Mom didn't want to stay up late so instead of the usual Midnight Mass, we decided to go to the 9am Mass with her on Christmas morning. That worked out really well as it gave me extra time to get all that "last minute" wrapping done.

Mom went home after mass to start cooking for dinner and the three of us went home to open presents. My "big" present this year was a Kindle Fire. I love it for reading books.... I started my fourth book this afternoon. Having trouble getting online and checking emails with it though. Wish they would give you an instruction booklet. I'll have to go online with the desktop and download one when I get a chance.

Matthew was thrilled with his new digital camera and is having fun taking pictures of everything!

Hubby's Garmin came in handy on the trip to grandma's house when a traffic accident had the beltway at a standstill six exits before our regular turn off. We were able to exit just before getting trapped in traffic and Garmin helped us find our way through Baltimore rather than around it.

D and her boyfriend brought our grandson over after lunch and opened their presents. It was a workout for all the adults trying to teach him to pedal his new bike... he preferred sitting on it and letting us push him around! He is really enjoying his Leggo blocks and cars of all shapes, colors and sizes.

Dinner at Moms was set for 6pm. K and her boyfriend arrived early and the next round of presents were opened.

We all worked together and enoyed a wonderful dinner of ham, roast beef and yorkshire pudding, an assorment of vegetables and three different pie, key lime pie and eclair cups! It was great having the entire family together!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a good day. LOL reading about DGS and the adults pushing him around. Sounds like he is very smart. It is always fun having little ones to get toys for.
    Happy New Year to you and all your family.