Saturday, February 2, 2019

2019 Gypsy Wife QAL - Section 1 Puss in Corner Block

Before beginning each block, I strongly suggest you read through the entire directions and look at the pictures to be sure you understand each step and to ensure that you cut correctly.

As always, remember your accuracy in cutting…
keeping the measuring line of your ruler ON the fabric.


**********************************

Looking at the fabrics I have chosen for this block I decided that some fussy cutting was in order.  I picked a feature in two of the prints and carefully cut out the required sized square.


Here all my pieces are laid out.  Now it is just a matter of stitching them together.


I began by sewing the two-patches that surround the center block.



Next I stitched the corner HST triangles together using a scant 1/4inch seam.  


#tip ... HINT... What size should the HSTs in the #puss block square up to. Think about this.... What is the length of the 2small square unit that is sewn between them... The HSTs have to be the same length as them.


Now I begin assembling the block.  Think of this as putting together a 9-patch.   Take the center units and stitch them to the right sight units.


Then stitch the far right units to the center units to complete the horizontal rows.


I then stitched the vertical rows together to complete the block.

Here is the back so you can see how I opted to press my seams.





You can leave comments and questions below.  I will reply to your questions ASAP.

Thanks for following along.   Click on "newer post" to see the next block.


3 comments: